Wednesday 15 December 2010

Arambol pt 2

A week on and Paddy has had his bike stolen. Brad's drinking buddy Des from his local pub in Australia is here and another mate is on the way. A few new characters have developed, Scottish Andrew who has been a part of our crew for the last ten days or so and what a character he is. His Swiss friend Anna who he met in Dharamsala has also become part of the posse. Although as will become clear we keep her at arms length. A lovely couple Hans and Sylvia from Bavaria in Germany are with us a lot and they are so nice. I have copied some of Hans music and shared a few beers with them. although they speak only a little English we still manage to communicate quite well. They are so German which is amusing to watch in India because it is so un Germanic. Having been here for about three weeks I feel part of the furniture already and as I said in my last blog some stories were developing. I'll start with Brad. We just get on really well but try to picture the stereotypical Ozzie, he swears like a trooper is as tough as nails and drinks like a fish even at fifty one. He had to borrow seven thousand Australian dollars because the f*****g police (his words not mine) back home took all his money when they found him guilty of growing marijuana plants in his back yard. A funnier man I have not met. Generous too. Tracy is a lovely woman who can stand up to him and puts him firmly in his place from time to time. I have a lot of time for her and she is great to talk with. Their mate Des who has just come over is a laugh and I instantly liked him, a very affable sort of chap. Yesterday he hired a scooter and was practicing learning to ride. He offered me a lift but I declined. We are all meant to be going to some fort a couple of hours away on Tuesday. I have until then before I need a lift.
A harder story to tell is Andrews. His wife of some twenty years passed away last year and he gave up his teaching job to travel. He comes from the streets of Glasgow and although he is quite small he is wiry, very street wise and tough. I have been getting to know him on our long drinking sessions and he is a good man. He recently saved a child from a pedophile ring and took him back up to the mountains in the north to his family. He got the police involved and they know who the people are and are going to bust the ring. He had to leave yesterday to sort something to do with it out but should be back for New Year. What an amazing thing to do.
Cough,cough, now we come to Anna the Swiss girl who it also happens is a nymphomaniac and rather attractive. I met her and of course started chatting to her and began to think I was doing rather well when my mates saw what was happening they gave me some space and all was going well until Andrew came over and said through the haze "Richard can I have a wee word wi ye ?" Sure I said. "Richard, there is no way to say this nicely but I met Anna in Dharamsala and she was trying to organize a sex party and she had a dildo she was about to use and I had to take it off her and steal the batteries so she couldn't." My face dropped to the floor in amazement and I suddenly lost all interest in perusing the matter any further. For me to say I'm shocked is quite a statement but even the well seasoned Ozzie's blanched at her forwardness. Now she is a friend we are all a bit concerned for her. I have nicknamed her the machine. Of course just yesterday she met her two friends who flew out to be with her so now there are three of them. They seem to eat men alive. Never mind the mosquito's. It will be fun to sit back and watch the ensuing carnage that is bound to follow.
I have a bolt spot about a mile down the beach away from the main town area and the Sporting Hero's and it's madness where I hang out with a Dutch friend Jan and some Israelis. We swapped music and I now have an awesome collection with some of the best from all types. Modern and old. So that's the way things are panning out at the moment.
Yesterday I saw Mark who I met in Vattacanal last year and it has been great to hook up with him again. People ask me if it's hard traveling alone. Does it sound like it from what you have read?
Another day is here to enjoy so I will post this and then I'm off for a swim.

2 comments:

  1. Richard spence you one eyed bastard!! Desy here, hoping all is well and wondering if you found nurturing in the loving arms of a beautiful woman. Rock on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Des. All good mate an yeah finally found a diamond of a girl and enjoying life to the max as always. Hope all well down under. Say hi to the gang for me.

      Delete